Sunday, July 25, 2010

Now that's a Shillelagh!

Step 1: unearth the Shellelagh... (if you don't know what it is, you should google it and you will laugh looking at the size of this one compared to what they should be) I can't imagine anyone wanting to carry that thing around with them much less a small Irish chap.
Smooth out the dirt and this is what we have been working on for 2 weeks. I sure didn't think it would be that sweaty or take that long.
Finally I get the luxury of using my own front door!! YIPPEE!! I was telling Steve that I don't think americans or people in general realize what a convience it is to be able to walk up to your home and enter thru the front door. I am so grateful.
Unfortunately our temporary porch is falling a little short these days but my husband is not only clever but also very funny. "Ride that wave baby!!"
So the temporary porch is extended and now we have a gangplank to walk everyday. Of course this lead us to thinking about filling in the hole with water and having a giant pond out the front door with a lovely bridge leading you into the yard. I am sure we will give it some consideration. Seems as all things do it will evolve naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment